Once we file our incorporation papers, we will publish the “official” leadership structure of the organization. The following teams will be forming as needed to support the development of Privly. Anyone can join the development teams. If you want to contribute to something, please do! You don't have to be a coder to make a difference in online privacy.
- The TAB is a group of recruited experts in security, open source development, design, law, and other relevant fields. Members of the TAB are ex officio members of all the teams found below.
- The following people are currently responsible for responding to bug and pull requests on their paired repositories. There can be more than one maintainer, and frequent high quality pull request will lead to invitations to be a maintainer.
- Currently open for adoption
- The development team consists of coders implementing Privly standards and trying out their own pet features.
- The documentation team generates information for developers and users. They make the system manageable.
- The testing team finds weak points in the Privly system, files bug reports, and generally tries to break the work of all the other teams.
- The Org team builds the Privly organization, and ensures that Privly complies with the law where it operates.
- The legal experts of the Org team establish rights of users on Privly systems, and establishes the legal responsibilities of content hosts before they are called into question
- The security team validates the security of the code, and writes the formal statements of what is effectively protected, and what is not protected
- The standards team builds formal specifications for implementation, or incorporates existing standards into the Privly framework. The standards team ensures that Privly-family applications support a common set of functionality.
The communication team...
- Provides all non-development communications
- Manages privly.org, the community and documentation home of Privly
- Collects news articles of problems Privly could solve and write about how Privly could solve it
- Makes all information provided by the security team accessible to the general public by using plain language and graphics.
- Educates users about Privly
- Educates users about general privacy and security concepts
- Generates media like graphics and video for marketing and describing the Privly concept
- Markets Privly to the general public
- The localization team translates materials to languages other than English